Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Reno Lattimore's Testimony



The CIRV Outreach Team continues to touch many lives through their hands on outreach tactics that they have used since day one. Reno Lattimore is a success story that we are proud to share on there behalf. He believes that if someone is willing to change, they can  start all over.

Reno Lattimore- “I came from the streets, known in every hood in Cincinnati. I am thirty-three years old. When I was in the streets I couldn't even imagine myself as far as I am now. I didn't think I would live to see the age of thirty-three. I did seven and a half years in federal prison for conspiracy to distribute a kilo of heroin and criminal- enterprise.  I was a part of a street organization called "Grimmey Network". 

Today I am a changed man. In prison I challenged myself with things such as fasting and to stop eating meat, to learn discipline.  If I could accomplish prison then I knew I could humble myself to stay away from the streets. I've been home for six months now with the help and support of The CIRV Outreach Team. I currently have one full-time job, and a part-time job. I now know the true meaning of life, and how to live the right way. I feel good to be a productive citizen and to not always have to be looking over my shoulder. A lot of young black men are afraid of change. But if I can do it, anyone can do it. I want to show them what it's like to be willing to work towards a better life."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home